Restoration of Antique Wood Finishes
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE BEGINNING RESTORATION COURSE - NOW INCLUDED IN OUR COMPLETE BUNDLE AT A SAVINGS OF $85
This is a beginner course for the restor
ation of antique furniture finishes. The course will teach you the basics of antique furniture finish restoration. The same techniques used by museum conservators. Antique wood finishes are at the mercy of their environment. Damage can occur from us, our friends, pets, children, insects, sunlight, humidity, and other impurities in the air. Learn how to correctly restore scratches, dents and gouges. Restore missing sections of finish using only period materials. A finish left unattended will deteriorate over time. Help the existing finish to continue protecting the wood and extend the life of your antique furniture. Learn what products can be used on antique finishes, and products to avoid. You will learn how to protect your finishes from further damage. These are the same methods and materials originally used when the finishes were created. Only period finishing materials can be used that are historically accurate to restore antique furniture finishes. Localized damage can be corrected to continue protecting your antiques. The average person can perform restorative work with great results.
This course consists of 2 volumes for a total of4 DVDs playable worldwide. The total approximate playing time is 248 minutes. A detailed 37 page course manual is included. The price was $89.95 plus shipping. This course is now being offered as part of the special 3 course bundle for one low price of $189 with free shipping.
ACTUAL FRAMES FROM THE COURSE DVD
A few of the many topics covered in the courses:
- Repairing parts using historically accurate period materials.
- Restore and repair furniture finish problems.
- Learn how popular 17th, 18th, 19th and early 20th century finishes were created.
- How to color match sections of finish to match the existing finish.
- How to recreate stains, dyes and other colorants using period materials.
- Addressing common antique furniture problems.
- Restore missing areas of finish using historical materials.
- How to reverse improper repairs.
- Recognize inappropriate restorations and repairs.
- Learn to perform museum quality restorations.
- Learn the way it was traditionally done 100-300 years ago.
- Understanding furniture construction methods.
- Wood surface preparations for antique furniture.
- How to recreate historical finishes using period materials.
- Recreate and use old time formulas and methods.
- Work with common woods used in antiques.
- How to repair dents, gouges, scratches and broken chips using the old methods.
- Using old world adhesives to perform historically accurate repairs.
- How to care for your antique furniture.
- How to protect an existing finish from further damage.
- Judging antique furniture.
- Learn to recognize fakes and forgeries.
- Best places to find quality antique furniture.
- Step by step methods used by the old masters.
- How to clean and protect an antique finish..
- Where to buy the old materials that were used in the 17th through 20th centuries.
- Tools used to perform antique repair and restorations.
- A tool and material list is provided along with the sources of these supplies.
- Where to find out of print books that contain valuable information about antique restoration and repair.
We ship free worldwide!
DON'T WANT DVDs? WANT INSTANT ONLINE ACCESS?
Click here for the NEW AntqRestoration.com Online School of Antique Furniture Restoration and Repair